December 23, 2008

Seattle refuses to salt roads; cites environmental impact

Seattle, WA -- Every once in awhile, the nutcases in the environmental movement gain real power in government offices and do something incredibly stupid in pursuit of their environmental fanatacism. Seattle is one such example.

Despite more than 6 inches of snow on the roads of that city, the city is refusing to salt after they plow! The logic? Salt will run off into the local waterway, Puget Sound and won't be healthy for the fish.

Forgive me for pointing this out but Puget Sound. . . . . is salt water. It gets its water from the ocean, which is salt water. So what the hell are these morons in Seattle thinking?

You know, forget I asked that. Environmentalists don't "think." They feeeeeeel.

It's a good thing (for them) that I don't live in Seattle. If I lived in Seattle and paid tens of thousands in property taxes to a government that wouldn't clear the snow off the streets, I would grab the Mayor, put his head in a vice grip and start turning it closed.

Sooner or later, he would either agree to salt the roads or I would literally squeeze his shit-for-brains right out of his skull.

You folks who actually live in Seattle should feel free to use my idea.

Full details here

Statcounter