February 19, 2009

There but for the grace of God - goes many of us; Drunk Driver who killed 3 gets 15 years

Roxbury, NJ -- A former Morris County man was sentenced today to 15 years in prison for a drunken driving crash on Route 80 in Roxbury more than two years ago that killed three people and seriously injured two others.

Damian D'Aleo, 27, formerly of Roxbury, pleaded guilty Jan. 2 to three counts of second-degree death-by-auto, in connection with the Sept. 29, 2006 crash.

The photo says it all: There but for the grace of God, goes many of us.

When I was a young man, I drove drunk. I shouldn't have, but I did. Now that I'm older, I understand just how selfish and dangerous such behavior can be, so I don't do it anymore.

Lots of us can say the same thing. We ought to get on our knees and thank God we aren't this guy.

Full Details Here


Statcounter