December 14, 2008

Told Ya this was coming. . . . Laid-off worker kills CEO

Vancouver, BC -- A 61 year old man shot and killed the CEO of his company after being laid off just before Christmas.

Three weeks ago, I warned all of you that "bloodshed and death" were coming to the business community over the present financial crisis. (See that story here)

I specifically warned that it would be the CEO's, CFO's and other "masters of the universe" who would be doing the bleeding and dying and that is, in fact, the case!

In fact, I took the liberty of sending the column above as an OP-ED submission to "Business Week," "Forbes," "Fortune," "Time," "Newsweek" and "The Wall Street Journal." I wanted business people to understand the depth of trouble they were in and give them a chance to make things right. Not one of the media outlets above dared to print what I had written.

Here we are just weeks later and the violence I warned about has begun. It seems to me there will be more; much more.

Those who thought they were masters of the universe are now finding out how vulnerable they really are. They are learning that "the little people" have a terrible wrath when their lives get wrecked.

In my opinion, this type of violence is well deserved.

Full story Here

Statcounter